Total Pageviews

Friday, August 26, 2011

Currently. . .

Books I've read this week:
Art of war-Sun Tzu
Survivor-palahniuk

Pages: 311 pages this week

Favorite sentences:
(1.)"By means of these seven considerations I can
    forecast victory or defeat."-Sun Tzu "Art of War"

(2.)"Sun Tzu said:  The good fighters of old first put
    themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then
    waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy." "Art Of War"

(3.)"In battle, there are not more than two methods
    of attack--the direct and the indirect; yet these two
    in combination give rise to an endless series of maneuvers." "Art Of War" Sun Tzu

The second sentence is my favorite Because it seems like I could actually use that in life.The third one is sweet because it makes warfare seem almost simple. And the first one almost seems like a weather forecast and that's why I like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment